One of Anna’s favorite parts of advocacy is talking to groups. She talks to teachers groups, parents support groups, professional organizations and literacy conferences. She also can host a booth with dyslexia information at your event. If you are interested in a presentation for your organization or a booth at your event, please contact Anna Thorsen at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Contact page. Local presentations in Middle Tennessee (within 30 miles of Nashville) are done free of charge and presentations outside of Middle Tennessee she asks for travel, food and lodging expenses to be provided. Presentations can be tailored from 20 minutes to 2 hours and can cover one or more of the following topics:
- What is Dyslexia? A look at what dyslexia, what it looks like and why its hard.
- Dyslexia and Classroom Hacks: how to create a dyslexia-friendly classroom.
- Dyslexia and Assistive Technology: what dyslexia is and how technology can help.
- Dyslexia and Literacy: why should we care?
- Advocacy and IEPs: tips for parents navigating the special education process.
- Creating Your IEP Binder – What to include.
- TN-IDA RISE Conference April 7, 2018. “How Technology Can Support Students with Dyslexia”
- Tennessee Association of Assistive Technology annual conference, December 1, 2017. “Dyslexia and Assistive Technology.”
- Lace Up For Learning 5K September 17, 2017. Hosted the Decoding Dyslexia – TN booth.
- Metro Nashville Public Schools – Waverly Belmont PTO Meeting, May 9, 2017. “What is Dyslexia?”
- Metro Nashville Public Schools Hillsboro Cluster Professional Development Day February 20, 2017. “Dyslexia and Assistive Technology.”
- Learning Matters Parent Support Group January 21, 2017. “Dyslexia Advocacy for Parents.”
- Metro Nashville Public Schools Exceptional Education Family Advisory Council January, 2017. “What is Dyslexia?”
- Tennessee Association of Assistive Technology annual conference, December 1, 2016. “Dyslexia and Assistive Technology.”
- Parent University, Metro Nashville Public Schools, August 13, 2016. “What is Dyslexia?”