These are some great resources that I always recommend to parents.
- NPR Series, “Unlocking Dyslexia”
- The six part series by MindShift by Holly Korbey. Especially the final installment entitled “The Dialogue Surrounding Dyslexia: Five Important Take aways” dated February 26, 2016.
- Time Magazine’s “Dyslexia is More than a Reading Disorder” by Alice Park dated December 21, 2016 about the newest research by MIT published in the journal Neuron.
- Washington Post’s “Is listening to a book ‘cheating’?” by Valerie Strauss July 31, 2016.
- The Yale Center for Dyslexia & Creativity website – especially the “Dyslexia Bill of Rights” and “How Parents Can Build a Word-Rich Life for Dyslexics” by Kyle Redford.
- Tennessee Department of Education’s Dyslexia Advisory Council Page.
- The MTSU Dyslexia Center website – especially the flyers featured on the “Publications” page.